Friday, September 23, 2011

What's the best fuel injector cleaner?

I recently got a car with 30k miles on it and changed the fuel filter and it looked like it had never been changed since a lot of rust poured out of it so I put in lucas injector cleaner in my tank since I already had it but was wondering what is the best brand for that. This other guy mentioned amsoil pi.
What's the best fuel injector cleaner?
I dunno, I've got over 100K miles on 4 cars with the original fuel filters.
What's the best fuel injector cleaner?
As far as the fuel injector cleaner you will prob. hear a lot of people say BG's 44K. It is a GREAT cleaner HOWEVER, it is also EXPENSIVE. When I worked at a Dodge dealer we sold a bottle of 44K for around 28 bucks. You want to use an injector cleaner about every oil change,so Seafoam is a great product and is a 1/3 of the cost of the 44K. Lucas is also a well known brand and i've heard very good things about it. As far as the filters, WIX is the best in my book. I've been selling them for years (as O.E. @ Dodge, and as our NAPA GOLD filter) Look for a NAPA store in your area and see what they carry, most likely it wont be BG but, they do carry Lucas, STP, Seafoam, and NAPA's brand MACS (part number 6660) which is also a great cleaner! Basically anything is good as long as you use it regularly.