Thursday, September 15, 2011

I have a 99 blazer with a misfire on cylinder 5 I changed the fuel injector and it is still showing a missfire?

My vehicle is running rough and uses a lot of gas. Even though I replaced the fuel injector it is still showing a miss fire on cylinder 5. Any other suggestions?
I have a 99 blazer with a misfire on cylinder 5 I changed the fuel injector and it is still showing a missfire?
test compression. ignition, vacuum leaks on intake.
I have a 99 blazer with a misfire on cylinder 5 I changed the fuel injector and it is still showing a missfire?
Why would you replace the injector first? The first thing to do is replace spark plugs, cap, rotor and ignition wires - all of which are probably OE and overdue for replacement anyway. If that doesn't fix it then CHECK for injector pulse before replacing the injector.
You stated its missed firing, it is nothing to do with your fuel injector. You need to replace spark plugs and spark plug wires (I used the letter %26quot;s%26quot; cause it is better to change out the entire spark plugs and wires at the same time.
Yes, Have it diagnosed by a professional. By the time you are done throwing parts and money at it you will have spent more money guessing than it would have cost to have it professionally diagnosed and repaired.
Are the plugs and plug wires old? Is the compression within 10 lbs of the other cylinders? As a more exotic guess, a cracked or shorted coil pack on #5?
how do you know its misfiring on #5 cylinder
maybe it,s not fuel. maybe you have a bad plug wire or plug.