Friday, September 23, 2011

Can oil in the fuel injectors be harmful? Please help. Thank you.?

I was changing the oil on my 04 scion xa. And when I was putting the new oil in it without a funnel (never again) my aim was apparently off and some of the oil dripped onto the injectors. I tried to absorb as much as i could with a cloth but it was such a tight squeeze that i didnt absorb much. Afterwards i unscrewed the fuel rail to get better access to the oil that had spilled and it disconnected from the third injector and gas also started leaking all over the place so i then decided not to remove the rail. When i tried removing the rail the injectors also lifted up and oil probably went into the ports. I dont know if the fuel rail connected back with the injector. I did tighten both bolts on the fuel rail but now my car at idle makes a hissing sound on and off, that i suspect is coming from that injector. Should i stop driving it? Is oil in there harmful? I think the sounds coming from that injector? The car starts and drives fine. But at idle it has that whishing/hissing sound every couple of second or so. Any help is greatly appreciated. I dont know how something as simple as an oil change went so wrong. Many thanks in advance.
Can oil in the fuel injectors be harmful? Please help. Thank you.?
put a fuel system cleaner in with your next tank of fuel



once it has cleaned through, it should be fine, but you may notice a slight stuttering...it shouldn't be too harmful
Can oil in the fuel injectors be harmful? Please help. Thank you.?
i don't see any problem with oil on or a little of it in the injector, where it went bad was when you took of the fuel rail i would take it to the dealer and have them take a look just tell them it started hissing and you don't know why if tit is still under warranty.