Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Can I change my car into a fuel injector?

I have a AE82 and I'm about to street tune it, I wanna put a ECU in it, so do I have to drop a engine in it or can I just take the engine I have now and install fuel injectors?
Can I change my car into a fuel injector?
You've got a 4A-C in there, right? If so, I'd recommend swapping in a 4A-GE to get the injectors. There's hardly any performance parts available for the 4A-C, the twin cam motor is considerably more powerful, and used 4A-GE motors are not all that expensive - even the 20 valve version. And modifying your manifold for injectors can easily cost as much as a complete 4A-GE. I spent $600 having a carbureted manifold reworked for EFI myself.



Note that you'll also need to upgrade the fuel pumps and the rest of the fuel system to deliver fuel at a higher pressure. Carburetors don't need the same amount of fuel pressure as injected cars.
Can I change my car into a fuel injector?
i seriously suggest not using nos but who cares its only your life your dealing with. anyway all you have to do is install fuel injectors. its not as easy as it sounds
you can do anything if you got the money

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/758311 see what im doing