Thursday, September 15, 2011

I own a 2.4L Toyota diesel and may have contaminated the fuel when changing a filter, how will I know?

Changing out the fuel filter I filled it back up with diesel that may have had dirt in it. How will I know if I've gotten debris into the fuel system? Will it clog my injectors, could it possibly make it to the pistons? It probably wasn't over half a gallon but it may have had some dirt in it. I just can't afford a rebuild at this time.
I own a 2.4L Toyota diesel and may have contaminated the fuel when changing a filter, how will I know?
From what you are saying you are worried that the fuel tank has dirt in it, well the good news is that the dirt is on the right side of the fuel filter!

You're fuel filter will stop the dirt getting from the fuel tank to the engine.



However if you are really paranoid then drain the tank out, re-seal, fill it with 3 gallons of clean diesel, bounce the truck up and down by hand and re-drain the fuel. Now re-fill with a couple of gallons of clean diesel and rive to the gas station to fill up properly and your done!
I own a 2.4L Toyota diesel and may have contaminated the fuel when changing a filter, how will I know?
if your that worried about it dont start it and take the filter back out and pop a new oneback in, if the filter doesnt collect it , it would prossibly clog the injectors
  • messenger connection
  • make a white substance foamy
  •