Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Should I replace my fuel injectors? Check This Out!?

I drive a 93 240sx with 130000 miles on it. I dont think the fuel injectors have ever been changed. My car lost all performace when it came to acceleration, I would step on the gas and I would go almost nowhere! I also had a very bad idle. Than I ran some Slick 50 fuel inj. cleaner through the system and this fixed the problem. But now when I step on the gas, I will accelerate pretty good but then I through the acceleration if I am push the gas all the way down, I will accelerate to a certain speed like 50mph than I have a big spurt of speed, a big difference in acceleration, puts me into the back of my seat. And this will last until I let up off of the gas. What do you all think, fuel injectors? Any help would be nice, THANKS MUCH!
Should I replace my fuel injectors? Check This Out!?
Hey: Do you happen to know how much fuel injectors cost? up to about $150.00 or more. Do you have that kind of money to spend on your car?

o.k check this out. IF your additive worked the first time try it again.

Also check the linkage for the accelerator.make sure it is smooth in it's motion. Also I would bring it to a shop and have then check the fuel pressure. You may have a problem with the fuel pump.

It would also help if you were to use a high octane fuel once in a while to clean out the carbon in the intake manifold and keep the injectors clean.