Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I get my car to pass the California Smog Test?

I failed twice now.

After the first one I took it into the shop and had a Smog Test Diagnostic done. I had to replace the Flange Gasket, clean the Fuel Injectors, Change the Oil, %26amp; Clean the Throttle Body. I took it back to the Smog Testing place and it failed. I took it to another place and asked if they could make any adjustments and they wanted me to pay them for another Smog Diagnostic. I JUST HAD THAT DONE! Anyway, I need to know what adjustments I can make on the car so that it will pass. I have a 1994 Toyota Corolla. I know that it is JUST adjustments that need to be made on the fuel intake and emissions output. It has nothing to do with whether the car is in working condition or not. I am in the San Diego area if you can recommend a place that will help make the adjustments cheap and help it pass.

Thanks for your help.
How do I get my car to pass the California Smog Test?
What you have done is in the right direction, but if you really want to pass legally, you have to be concern with two things: Catalytic Converter and O2 sensor.



If you don't want to spend that extra money, replace catalytic converter first, then O2 sensor later.



If you still don't want to spend that much money, get one of the bottle that guranteed you will pass from Kragen and try your luck, or you can pay someone to pass you.



Good Luck. Don't forget distributor cap %26amp; rotor, air filter and spark plugs
How do I get my car to pass the California Smog Test?
California air quality resources board. Or CARB has you bent over the fender. Apply for a hardship exemption and let the smog guys adjust on your car. Unless you drove this 1994 from the 47 other states that do not require ZLEV or ULEV emissions California does. You will be OK they will wave your car past emission.%26quot; If you imported this car from Nevada watch out your car is out of compliance and has to be eliminated!%26quot; just kidding. You really need to get the local smog athority on your tail pipe.