Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How did I mess up changing my fuel filter?

I have a 1991 toyota mr2. It was having a problem stalling out, but would usually start right back up, and sometimes it would take 10 or 15 times or a rolling start, but it would always start. I suspected it was the fuel filter. i put a ton of fuel injector cleaner and it stopped stalling completely, but I wanted to change the filter anyway, since it was probably filthy. I changed the fuel filter myself, and it seemed pretty simple, but now the car won't start. I didn't put it in upside down or swith the fuel lines, I'm sure. The only thing I didn't do was replace the bolts or washers, which everybody says you have to do, but I don't understand why. The only thing i could think of is that I misaligned the bolt with the fuel line (the bolt has a little hole in it, which should align with the fuel line) this makes sense, I'm going to try to align them tomorrow. any other suggestions?
How did I mess up changing my fuel filter?
Did you change plugs? If you dumped that store bought cleaner in you may of fouled plugs sobad they re not getting electric from wires. Check wires and see if getting ignition nd if it is then check plugs. It is hard to mess up filter.