Thursday, September 15, 2011

Should fuel injector service cause car to hesitate when starting up?

I just had my oil changed and fuel injector fluid serviced. They said this needs to be done every few years (?). When I started up my car the first few times after getting this service it took a little longer than usual for the engine to start up. Is this normal? It did start up normally on my last try, though. Thanks.
Should fuel injector service cause car to hesitate when starting up?
Whether you %26quot;need%26quot; to have the fuel injection serviced every few years is definitely up for debate.

However, I doubt the service is related to your present concern.
Should fuel injector service cause car to hesitate when starting up?
Fuel injection cleaning should not cause it to start slower, normally. Sometimes with a fresh oil change (especially in cold weather), the oil will be a little thick until driven for a short time. The thicker oil will cause a little slower starting. Use a premium gas with cleaners in it, and add a name brand gas additive (like STP) once a month; and you should not have any problem with the injectors.