Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Does fuel injector cleaner really work or will it gum up your injectors?

Yes I have 1999 Grand Am GT and sometimes you start it and it will stall or at the very least run rough. I had a full tuneup about a year and a half ago. I change the oil regular. Could it be the fuel filter needs changing? The air filter is clean and new. What about the pcv valve? I dont mind trying a cleaner but I just dont want to make things worse. I use good quality gas. I was using Petro premium but found that it was still doing it so I switced back to regular unleaded. Does anyone have an answer for? Hope to hear soon!
Does fuel injector cleaner really work or will it gum up your injectors?
remove the tank and clean it, remove the injestor and clean them.



where You gonna put the cleaner....in the tank?

You gonna clog the injector's. nozzles
Does fuel injector cleaner really work or will it gum up your injectors?
ok i just ran into this problem myself im restoring a 89 gmc, first check you fuel filter, b.c. they are only good for about 20,000 miles, and since your stalling and running rough, it sounds like fuel filter is clogged and maybe you got bad gas, although you use good grade gas, you still can get some bad gas, but after you change the fuel filter, you could change the pcv valve if you wanted, but what ever you do, if you use injector cleaner. fill up your tank and then pour it in, because if your fuel pump is in your tank the injector cleaner will melt the rubber pieces on it, the injector cleaner is very strong
yes injector really work. They can improve you MPG and help pass emission.



It is cheap enough to try just to see.





Good Luck...