Friday, September 23, 2011

Fuel pump pressure test?

Where do I hook up the pressure tester for my 85 monte carlo?



I think I have a fuel pump going bad.. so I was going to test the pressure.

When I drive, my car will sometimes feel like it's losing power.. It used to start dieing out a little when I would drive or let it sit at idle. It doesn't do it all the time which baffles me.



So far I've changed the fuel filter which has made it better but still does it just not as often. I've changed the MAP sensor.. still does it.. Changed my fuel injectors.. still same thing..



It seemed to happen after I put some fuel injector cleaner in it.. So im thinking my fuel filter got clogged causing the fuel pump to work harder..



Any suggestion?



What I really need right now is to figure out where to hook up the pressure tester thanks..
Fuel pump pressure test?
HOOK IT TO THE OUTLET COMING OUT OF THE FUEL PUMP GOING TO YOUR ENGINE. IF YOU TAP OUT THE FUEL IN THE FUEL FILTER ON TO A WHITE PAPER TOWEL,AND SEE IF THERE IS A LOT OF METAL IN IT ...........ITS PROBABLY YOUR FUEL PUMP GOING OUT.............................IF YOU ARE GETING ENOUGH PRESSURE OUT OF THER ,GO TO YOUR FUEL RAIL (IF ITS FUEL INJ) COULD ALSO BE THE FUEL REGULATOR,RARE BUT IT HAPPENS................GOOD LUCK
Fuel pump pressure test?
There is no test port so what you need to do is tap in a t-fiting to the rubber line.
on the fuel rail you will find what resembles a tire valve stem. this is your test point. as for the source of the problem i am at a loss at this point.
your gonna have to hook it up at the fuel filter