Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I own a 1994 mazda MX6 LS. Its a 2.5L V6 engine. Can anyone tell me where and how to change a fuel injector?

I heard its pretty easy, just looking for a little guidance on how to. I'm in the process of getting the parts. The problem is in my 1rst cylinder its not firing properly and its riding a bit rough. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
I own a 1994 mazda MX6 LS. Its a 2.5L V6 engine. Can anyone tell me where and how to change a fuel injector?
The fuel injectors are on top of the engine, step one,

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Release fuel pressure then remove air cleaner housing, disconnect the Injector connector, remove the fuel hose and fuel pipe, disconnect the fuel distributor (right and left), remove the Insulator and accumulated connector remove the spacer and now the injector and pressure regulator. To reinstall Use new O-rings to aid installation, apply small amount of clean engine oil to O-rings, verify that injector holder is clean

Install injectors square in distribution pipe, turning back and forth while pushing down fit injector tap into notch in distribution pipe.

Tighten retainer screws to specification:

TORQUE: 22 - 31 inlb (2.5 - 3.5 Nm) Don't smoke or have open flames and watch what you do and take your time, Good Luck and God Bless