Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why is my 96 cavalier getting too much air?

After i changed the fuel injector rings my check engine light came on, I don't know if it has anything to do with changing the rings, but it happened after i did them, I took it to Advance Auto and hooked up the computer to it and the computer says the car is getting too much air, one person said it could be the evap system and someone else says it could be some kind of little box thats located in the fuel system in the gas tank......?
Why is my 96 cavalier getting too much air?
When you say it is getting too much air, do you mean that you retrieved a code like P0171 - System Lean Bank 1? Is it possible that you didn't plug in one of the injectors properly or fully? Maybe popped off a vacuum hose by accident? I believe both the 2.2 %26amp; 2.4 use a MAP sensor and usually you would get a too rich code because of a bad vacuum hose or sensor and not this problem.



The first thing to do is re-check your work. If it is not running as smooth as prior to the replacement of the fuel injector o-rings, you may have just made a mistake. I don't know the exact code you are getting, but I assume it is the code I mentioned.