Thursday, October 6, 2011

Does anyone know where in the car is my fuel injector computer for my 1989 240 volvo is?

I need to find my fuel injector computer for my 89 ,240 volvo as itS BAD AND NEED TO CHANGE IT. I WAS TOLD IT NOT THAT HARD, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,
Does anyone know where in the car is my fuel injector computer for my 1989 240 volvo is?
It is behind the right side kick panel, just in front of the right front door. Take off the door sill cover, pull up the molding toward the front of the door opening and remove the cover, the ECU is behind the panel.
Does anyone know where in the car is my fuel injector computer for my 1989 240 volvo is?
its located on the inner drivers side fender well between the radiator and the left fender. It should be a black box 6%26quot; by 8%26quot; roughly with a blue part # sticker on it.
1 repair pal is correct on the location and access procedures

2 i have replaced exactly 2 computers since the beginning of L.H. injection of 2 series cars[starting with the 1982 +or- model year. one was crash damaged [local body shop was unable to get running after their cosmetic repairs] and one had an updated program to resolve a high mileage drivability problem.

the 1989 model has on board diagnostics for both the fuel injection and ignition systems my best advise to you is to purchase either a haynes repair manual or the robert bentley 240 service manual and follow the instructions for the diagnostic socket and pigtail located on the left strut tower [not only will this system read stored codes it will activate the various out put devices [injectors, idle control motor, throttle position contacts etc.]

note if there is no readout at the diagnostic socket box, along with no fuel injection and no ignition all at the same time you must check the 25 amp fuse located in it's own holder beside the battery [clipped to a bracket bolted to the left inner fender [habitually this fuse holder corrodes, resulting in no power to the computer[s] [ignition computer is separate on this car] this fuse holder is best replaced with a soldier in marine style [sealed] holder with the joints insulated with heat shrink tubing.

hope this helps