Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why is "traction engaged" displayed on my 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood?

It's a 1993 Fleetwood brougham. I recently changed my fuel injector and soon after doing so, the %26quot;traction engaged%26quot; light came off. The pressure now builds against my gas pedal to where it pushes back whenever I press it.

It's gotten to a point where I can't accelerate past 30mph without the gas pedal completely pushing my foot back. Please tell me how I can fix this and/or what it means. Thanks!
Why is %26quot;traction engaged%26quot; displayed on my 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood?
Sounds like the traction control system is engaging and slowing your vehicle down for you. Usually it's only supposed to do this when you're in low traction conditions, gravel, mud, snow, etc (it's an earlier/less sophisticated version of Stabilitrak in newer GM vehicles).



It looks like yours is malfunctioning and engaging all the time. Not sure why it would do it after you changed a fuel injector. You might want to take it to the dealer or a local shop to have it looked at. Could be bad speed sensors or bad computer.



Good Luck!