Thursday, October 6, 2011

How can I find and electrical problem with fuel pump?

I have changed out the fuel pump on my 1987 Buick Lesabre I connected the wire to the fuel sender turn the switch to see if the pump would run the#20 in the fuse box for the fuel pump and injectors blew,my daddy who is a ASE Certified Master Tech said it a shortage in the fuel pump wire that leads to the fuse box how can I trace the wire and find out were the problem is at?I have blown so many fuses dealing with this car,its driving me up the wall.There isn't anything connected and my brother turn the ignition switch and the fuse for the fuel pump blew before we start putting things together what could this problem be.Where would I star to find the electrical problem,Do any one thinks its the fuel pump wiring or the fuse pump wire.If some has any answers will someone email me directly to mceiht_3572@yahoo.com I have been trying to find out what the problem is with this car for a month
How can I find and electrical problem with fuel pump?
disconnect the wire to the pump then try this will eliminate the pump if the fuse goes then the problem is in the wire that goes to the pump