Thursday, October 6, 2011

My car's really loud, and i need to fix it. Could it only be my muffler?

I have a 95 Nissan Maxima. When i got it there had been gas sitting in it for a year and they couldn't get it to start. Luckily, good old dad took it to his friend and they changed the fuel injectors, and the fuel filter and that's all i know of. It starts now, but it's very loud. I'm wondering if i need a whole new exhaust or whatever, i'm not that great with cars. I just need to know, please help.
My car's really loud, and i need to fix it. Could it only be my muffler?
It's probably just a hole in the Muffler, %26quot;good old dad%26quot; should be able to fix it for less than 50 bucks.
My car's really loud, and i need to fix it. Could it only be my muffler?
it sounds like you have an exhaust leak. Its possible that you can take it to a shop and just have them weld the hole shut. If they cant do that then the cost really depends on where the leak is coming from on your exhaust. If it is coming from the muffler itself then it is going to be much cheaper than if its coming from the exhaust manifold. You need to find out where the leak is. If you can get under the car (use a jack and some jackstands on a flat surface) and look around for rust spots (commonly that is what causes leaks). Hope I helped.