Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Second Opinion, '93 Nissan Altima Fuel Injector?

Hello Friends,

I was having troubles with my engine flooding after I turned my car off, After checking the fuel pump and changing the fuel filter I decided to change the pressure regulator. While doing so I came across this little broken guy, http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/M鈥?/a> .

My question is, could the (broken) injector have caused my engine to flood while turned off?

Thanks
Second Opinion, '93 Nissan Altima Fuel Injector?
It is a little difficult to tell if just the tip guard is broken away, or what? the best way to check for a leaking injector would be to monitor fuel pressure for a loss after shutdown. if you lose more that 5-8psi after shutdown, pull the injectors and look for wetting from the tips, The fuel pressure should stay around operating pressure for up to 30min after shut down. It may even climb slightly.
Second Opinion, '93 Nissan Altima Fuel Injector?
Absolutelly,if the injector was commanded to keep sending fuel it would flood out.
Yes, you found the problem. After the car is turned off the fuel rail still has pressure built up in it and what you have found is a massively leaking injector (which can flood and possibly hydro-lock the engine).
get a mechanic to look