Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What is the best fuel injector cleaner for a 3.1L V6 with 162,700 miles.?

I put in gunk high mileage fuel injector cleaner every time I change my oil. Is their any thing else out their that will work any better. Some one told me to use a product called Devcon ever heard of it?
What is the best fuel injector cleaner for a 3.1L V6 with 162,700 miles.?
I have 42 years in the field and I recommend Chevron Teck Ron or BG 44K
What is the best fuel injector cleaner for a 3.1L V6 with 162,700 miles.?
From stush30



I purchase the Chevron Tech Ron, 4 bottles in the package from Costco for $10.00

Report Abuse


Beryman's B-12 or Seafoam
sorry Rob if my engine had that many miles on it, it would need more than injector cleaners. How about a new vehicle?
if its a early 90s 3.1L V6, then the best kind would be diesel fuel (to blow it up because its crap). if its the newer style, i have no idea.
Well Rob, some believe that all fuel injector cleaner is the same. I work in an Auto Parts store in Baton Rouge and I have heard that one brand was better and another brand is better..... Sooo I guess I would base my decision on which brand I have sold the most of and the top two sellers are Lucas Fuel Injection Cleaner and Berrymen's B-12. The only thing I can think of that sounds close to the brand you refered to in your question is Chevron Delo. It also helps to add the injector cleaner to a low tank, therefore it is more concentrated. Don't run the car long with low fuel. Run about 5 hard, fast miles with low fuel and injector cleaner, then go fill up.
The best yet, BG 44 K If you can't find or get it try Chevron Techron.
Never heard of it. I would personally recommend using STP fuel treatment. Use that with Shell 93 Octane Premium fuel (V Power). That should clean out your fuel injectors really well
for starters, stay away from anything STP.

the best stuff is what works best for you.

Chevron Techron, it's expensive, but very high quality.

Seafoam

Prestone Synthetic injector cleaner/booster

Redline Fuel System Cleaner (my personal favorite)

Lucas fuel system cleaner (my 2nd choice).

and Synpower complete fuel system cleaner.
seefoam is what i would use
Amsoil Performance Improver

http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=14鈥?/a>
Hands down it's the Chevron Techron. I use nothing less then that. I use it every month, but use the cheap TEC walmart stuff (made by STP) every fill up.
Its a waste of money. Ethanol gas cleans injectors just as well .
  • ittwit
  • pc or mac
  •