Thursday, October 6, 2011

Changing 1985 K5 Blazer from carburetor to throttle body injected?

I have a K5 blazer that I am trying to change over from carburetor to throttle body injected. I let someone %26quot;try%26quot; and do this for me and they messed it up really bad. I don't know what to do now. I can' t get it started and no one seems to know anything about it. I have went through three distributors and they keep getting burned up. I have changed the caps and rotors. I have changed spark plugs a lot and they keep filling up with gas. It has a 350 in it. I have grounded the fuel injectors. Any input or help would be very helpful. Also if anyone knows of a book that I can buy, that would be great.
Changing 1985 K5 Blazer from carburetor to throttle body injected?
Have you got a good elec.fuel pump?I got a 79 Hurst/Olds I put a 1989 chevy vortec 350 with tbi your fuel has to run 10.8 psi for the right fuel mix. Is the computer for the fuel inj set up to run the 350? hope I helped.
Changing 1985 K5 Blazer from carburetor to throttle body injected?
%26quot;Body%26quot; wiring harnesses that simplyfy this common change over must be utilized . Anything else is stupidity on your part. Accept responsibillity for your blunder. Move ahead by scrapping the unknowns and establishing an experienced path as the way forward to success and bliss.
Check with a smog tech. to see if this will be taggable when you get done.1You will need the wiring harness and computer off of a 350 cu in. TBI engine.2. You will need all of the sensors used on the newer system.3.You will also need a newer transmission that is compatible with the computer.It can get very expensive as you have found. Hook it up just like an 1989 350 TBI and it will work.It is probably cheaper to sell and buy a later yr.vehicle.Good Luck.
to go from carburated to TBI, you need to install an inline fuel pressure regulator between the pump and line to TBI .because carburator has a float to regulate gas without any return.. and TBI take gas as needed, fuel supply is different....that is why...you keep fouling plugs...Can't beleive that nobody, hasn't figured this out...just takes an old school...email me back...
you can get a kit for that we have alot of hot rod magazines and we found some kits in %26quot;sport truck magazine%26quot; there is a mallory ignition and fuel kit. but you can go to auto zone and get the same thing.
completely different manifold alignment and valve train. drop in an engine already together with the injectors,computer and wiring. salvage yard.