Thursday, October 6, 2011

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if a 1995 Subaru Legacy outback is a California Emissions?

I need to change the fuel injector on my Subaru, but need to know if it is a Cali emissions car or not to get the right part. Unfortunately the car was in an accident years ago and the decal that states whether or not it is was never replaced. Is there any other way to figure this out?
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if a 1995 Subaru Legacy outback is a California Emissions?
Yes there should be a sticker underneath the hood of the vehicle that list emissions info and it will state California Emissions if the vehicle is indeed CA emissions ready.



I have an '03 Forester and it does state this on that sticker. I am unsure if your case may be different because your car is a '95. I also know that OBD-II did not come out until 1996 which may complicate things, however I would have to think that older vehicles are somehow grandfathered and held to less stringent emissions requirements. I live in the Northeast U.S. in a metro suburb and our emissions standards are somewhat strict but certainly not as strict as yours. I would check the attached link it may shed more light on this, good luck!
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if a 1995 Subaru Legacy outback is a California Emissions?
Any Subaru dealer can run the VIN# and properly identify the car's origin (49 or 50 state) and correct injector.